[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonight's FPI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:19:51 +0100

A lot of chopping later and the trees are gone. Not, though by excluding Autogen trees, since turning off Autogen left the trees in place. A piece by piece deactivating of all addon sceneries failed to remove them, so they are probably a couple of dodgy bits, from a scenery not related to this area. Another check confirmed the obvious; they're not related to UK 2000 P2.

Anyway, if you have these trees and want to get rid, add the following Exclude line to a scenery layered towards the top of your list
exclude=N50 25.61,W4 06.90,N50 25.52,W4 06.80,all

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Well, having survived the server problems, that was very enjoyable. It was probably even more difficult for the controllers.
Did anyone else find that the VFR Database's AG trees are planted plumb on the threshold of Plymouth's rwy 13?

Very enjoyable GCA talkdown, too. I've long wanted to try one. I was amazed how quickly the last 8 miles sped by, in comparison to a normal ILS approach; even a manual ILS. The weather couldn't have been better for the talkdown. I didn't see the runway unti;l approaching Decision Height. Off for a lie down..