[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonight's FPI

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:49:10 +0100

I also had a brilliant talkdown at Plymouth from Bones - getting very close to DH before rwy visible. Highlight of the evening for me - many thanks John.

Unfortunately I lost the FPI session completely when I tried to return for the second half - nothing on ServInfo either. What with the earlier problems being unable to see any ATC positions this was something of a bummer. Hope they can get their server problems fixed. I must admit I have been casting the odd glance at IVAO.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Well, having survived the server problems, that was very enjoyable. It was probably even more difficult for the controllers.
Did anyone else find that the VFR Database's AG trees are planted plumb on the threshold of Plymouth's rwy 13?

Very enjoyable GCA talkdown, too. I've long wanted to try one. I was amazed how quickly the last 8 miles sped by, in comparison to a normal ILS approach; even a manual ILS. The weather couldn't have been better for the talkdown. I didn't see the runway unti;l approaching Decision Height. Off for a lie down..