[jhb_airlines] Tonight's FPI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:02:53 +0100

Well, having survived the server problems, that was very enjoyable. It was probably even more difficult for the controllers.
Did anyone else find that the VFR Database's AG trees are planted plumb on the threshold of Plymouth's rwy 13?

Very enjoyable GCA talkdown, too. I've long wanted to try one. I was amazed how quickly the last 8 miles sped by, in comparison to a normal ILS approach; even a manual ILS. The weather couldn't have been better for the talkdown. I didn't see the runway unti;l approaching Decision Height. Off for a lie down..