[jhb_airlines] Re: Time to move on

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:59 +0100 (BST)

My Pentax Spotmatic with its set of genuine Takumar lenses (much more humble
than a Hasselblad t'is true) produced
clearly superior photographs when everyone saw them compared against quite
expensive point and shoot jobbies, even
when processed by Boots.  Sadly the camera has started to fail (bought new in
1970) because the oil has gummed and the
shutter jams in cold weather.  No-one wants to clean it locally for a realistic
price, and getting film is
increasingly difficult.  I haven't used it therefore for some time now.  I
can't bring myself to chuck it out though.