[jhb_airlines] Time to move on

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:32:15 +0100

It struck me yesterday that I've not used my serious camera gear in about
three years so, rather than let the things rot in the cupboard, I'm going to
sell the lot. I doubt I'll get a fraction of what it cost as I doubt anyone
these days is at all interested darkroom kit but I'll be intrigued to see
how much the cameras themselves will have dropped to.

The Hasselblad's were (and still are) superb bits of engineering and the
lenses doubly so. Truth is though that they are rapidly becoming dinosaurs
in this fast growing digital age. It took me almost a full year to adapt to
6 x 6 format as my mind was still seeing 35mm format through the viewfinder
but once I fully realised the extra canvas available and started composing
fully for it the results were superb.

I regret moving on but it's nice to know that I had that experience.
Probably words that echo those of many in the past..

http://fsaviation.net