[jhb_airlines] Re: Tiger Moth update

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:25:19 +0100

What you WILL notice from the new engine tweaks is that the aircraft is less
sprightly. Take off run is probably the most obvious because she accelerates
a lot slower - but a bit more realistically. The Tiger was by no means a
nippy aircraft.

Would it have been a scrape point you inserted into the cfg file? Scrape
points do produce drag - as you will now find if you dig a wing in because
I'd originally set these too high. They are now correctly aligned to the
lower wingtips and if you touch the ground with one the drag is readily
apparent as it yaws the aircraft significantly. I never set a tail scrape
point because I thought this unnecessary with having the tailskid assigned
the correct code. I'll add one and see if it makes a difference - but
scrapes tend to create sparks so it may look odd.

Glad to see someone has finally read the notes <vbg>. That line is wrong and
has been since the FS2002 release - well done on spotting the error!