[jhb_airlines] Re: Tiger Moth update

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:16:35 +0100

You are right in that the braking had been set to the tailskid so there
should have been no pitch effect when applying them.

I'm puzzled that you had almost instant and severe braking with those
settings whereas I had very little. It now makes me wonder if a user
variable somewhere affects the strength of these settings - maybe the
Realism settings. If so it is best taken out as it introduces unwanted
variations to the setting.

I am also puzzled as to why you think grass landings were OK but tarmac
landing are too short. On either grass or tarmac the current model seems to
have a ground landing run of about 600ft. This would be about right on
tarmac (although a tad too long) but I could stop the Tiger on grass in
about 200ft - something I just can't get it to do in the sim.