[jhb_airlines] Re: Tiger Moth update

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:24 +0100 (BST)

> "My crosshairs and bezel also move independently which is how the original
> version works"

Sorry, John, that was duff gen.  It doesn't! I'm sure I came across an aircraft
where it does though, which is why I'm
getting confused.

> On my P4 you can use either a mouse click or the scroll wheel to rotate the
> bezel.

That's a good trick!

I have emailed you my panel progress for review.

Incidentally, I just tried stalling the Tiger.  Both power off and on, it is
very benign, rather like a Piper Warrior,
just nodding up and down, though with increasing degrees of pitch.  However, it
doesn't lose any height.  I can't
believe that it is so docile, in real life. I assume, like all FS flight
dynamics, proper stalling is impossible.  It
does fly beautifully otherwise, and is much easier somehow to fly than the old
version with a mental picture of the view
ahead rather thn an actual one, but that must be an illusion!  I found I could
even taxi without having to use VC "head
to one side" mode or Panel off mode. I've got a Track IR version 1 but could
never really get on with it. Been flying
too long with a 2D cockpit, I guess.