[jhb_airlines] Re: Thursday's Event

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:46:12 +0000

Sounds reasonable.

Usual rules apply. If traffic levels are light then a stream
departure/arrival will be allowed at EGNS if it doesn't affect/delay any
other flights. If the formation breaks or the pilots lose contact with each
other then each must advise ATC immediately by radio for vectors to provide
separation.

The formation leader is to assume all radio communication whilst in
formation and No2 should remain silent after his first contact call. If the
formation is broken or ATC have to split the aircraft up then each pilot
should resume individual radio coms. Formation leader will set the assigned
squawk and No2 will be given a separate squawk BUT leave his transponder on
standby unless ATC direct otherwise.

Should the weather drop below VFR levels then separation becomes an ATC
responsibility and the formation will have to be broken.

http://woodair.net