[jhb_airlines] Re: Thickhead

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:14:46 +0100

You're not the only one to have done that Gerry.

I once spent 2 hours soundchecking a group, even delaying the doors opening
because I couldn't trace why I wasn't hearing the Bass Guitar.  I naturally
blamed the Bassist but a stage check showed eveything to be OK.  So I
checked the cable runs, still no problem, returned to the desk and checked
the groupings only to the realise I'd muted the channel while setting a box
mic.  One button press and voila Bass Guitar.  I felt so stupid I didn't let
on until some months later, I made an excuse of dodgy cabling.  I blame the
bassist, if he hadn't of been pratting while I was setting the vox mics...