[jhb_airlines] Re: Test

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:10:32 +0000

The absence of a DVD drive means, as I said earlier, that a prog DVD or CD hast to be copied to a memory stick, then installed to the 901 from the stick. When we get back, my first purchase will be an external, USD DVD drive. They are powered via the USB and only about £38. That will open up a whole new raft of options.

A toy maybe - but with some really handy uses. For example MemoryMap on a
Netbook is far more useful than on the PocketPC with a much bigger screen
area to look at. That's assuming Bluetooth is available to talk to the GPS.
Likewise Skype on a Pocket PC is a pain but should be perfect on a Netbook.
Some SBS users have got Netbooks for their SBS boxes which makes the whole
system ultra portable and can give up to six hours for aircraft watching
rather than the nominal two hours most laptops provide.

The real advantage is portability without compromising usability.
http://woodair.net