[jhb_airlines] Re: Technical Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 10:50:48 +0100

Paul,

That's usefull. Any idea whether the quality drop, from SP to EP would have any significant impact on, say replay of a Soap?

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:
Yes, from our DVR manual...

HQ -  1:32:47
SP -  2:02:32
LP -  3:03:21
EP -  4:07:13
SLP - 6:11:26
SEP - 8:03:21

Unless you also have HQ, SP is the highest quality you would want to use and
outputting from the Sky+ box is done in real time.  Though you can queue the
recordings to auto play if you want to leave it to do a couple of episodes
overnight.  I often do this with SWMBO's programmes she wants outing to
disk.