[jhb_airlines] Re: Stupid question

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 20:38:15 +0100

I really don't know.

If you get a set of routes, say from EGAA to EGBB, they will be split into
route bands depending on cruising level.

EGAA MC 85 DCT LISBO DCT IOM L10 WAL CHASE3A EGBB

EGAA 90 185 DCT LISBO DCT IOM L10 WAL CHASE1C EGBB

EGAA 185 235 DCT LISBO DCT IOM CHASE1E EGBB

In the first the route applies to aircraft from the minimum airways level en
route up to FL85, the second from FL90 to FL185 and the third from FL185 to
FL235. These two levels don't actually get transposed into the flight plan
but the rest does. In fact UK Route does a nice job of stripping them out
and will give you

  DCT  LISBO  DCT  IOM  L10  WAL  CHASE3A

  DCT  LISBO  DCT  IOM  L10  WAL  CHASE1C

  DCT  LISBO  DCT  IOM  CHASE1E

Even nicer when it comes to SID's as :

EGBB WHI 185 245 L8 ASNIP L28 PENIL L10 BEL EGAA

in the SRD becomes:

  WHI***  L8  ASNIP  L28  PENIL  L10  BEL

in UK Route.. The *** is clever because he realised the SID designations
change too often to specify anything more certain like WHI3E.

My version of UK Route is still showing Feb 2005 data. Has anyone seen an
update?