[jhb_airlines] Stornoway approach

  • From: "Phil Reynolds" <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:45:15 +0100

Hi all,

I think the grey matter is starting to let me down.

Last night I got the relavant charts from the NATS AIS website as usual.
These indicate the both runways 18 and 36 have a LLZ/VOR/NDB approach, not a
full ILS/DME.

As I hadn't installed the addon scenery correctly, this is what I got from
the default FS2004 scenery on approach.

Tonight however, I have installed the addon scenery correctly and there is
now a full ILS/DME approach (on the same frequency as the original VOR used
for the DME) which is not documented at all?  Is this a new facility at
Stornoway for which the charts have not yet been updated?

Cheers

Phil