[jhb_airlines] Re: Stealth Files

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:27:25 +0100

Forget I spoke.
All down to the TripleHead device. Having opened and closed a file whilst, for convenience, it was on the left hand screen, that's where it appeared after I'd switched the TripleHead off. The snag is that since the left hand screen isn't, then, available, there's no way of seeing what's on it!!
The solution is to activate Triplehead, open a .txt file, then move it to the centre screen, before reverting to single screen operation. That's where it will appear next time.

If anyone moves to TripleHead and hits this problem, I'll have forgotten how to overcome it!

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Latest wobbly, on my system, is the whereabouts of Notebook text files. Good example is Scenery.cfg. If I open a .txt file there's no sign of it, though its title appears in the Taskbar. If I right click on the title and opt for Full Screen, then it appears. There's then no wat to reduce its size, have two opened on screen at the same time, etc. I'm assuming I've inadvertantly triggered this off. Any ideas how to revert to the normal display options?