[jhb_airlines] Re: Static Objects

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:49:36 +0000

BTW, my Static Objects library is 330Mb. That's not a problem because the individual sceneries that you download, that use these objects, will be very small. Overall the impact on storage space is smaller where designers aren't including lots of purpose designed objects. Which is one of the reasons they go down this route. GS is the opposite end of the spectrum.

GW

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry

My Static Objects Library is now 163 mb in size.

I have loaded all the scenery/texture files from your Farm strip files, plus all those from the RWY12 libraries.

And guess what, the TS Glouster still a has lot of black buildings, I did have an addon Liverpool town, but removed it, because of black buildings, so I am puzzled as to what is going on.

Is there something else I am missing??

The FS9 Glouster file was fine, but as I do not have FS9 loaded, and the setup disks are buried somewhere in a storage unit, I cannot try that.

Also as I do not have FS9 loaded, I cannot run the vfraddons.exe file.

This would give me animations in FS9, when I can get to reload it.

Any thoughts??, would love to get rid of those black buildings.

FF