[jhb_airlines] Re: Start Up Solution Needed

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:48 +0100 (BST)

A member of Cix flies a Single Comanche which belongs to his Dad. He says
it's only drawback is that it needs longish runways to land and take off.
750 metres is "comfortable".  He went to Eshott last Sunday (650m) which
he described as " a bit interesting with a touchdown speed of about 100
knots in the very brisk wind we had.". Incidentally, and not relevant, He
flies out of Bournemoouth and he and his Dad always take their aircraft
(I think they own 3!!) over to Jersey to refuel. Before going up to
Eshott, he had already "popped over to Jersey" for fuel. How the other
half live, eh?