[jhb_airlines] Re: Start Up Solution Needed

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:52:45 +0100

Hi Paul,

No problem and it flies well, if not treated like a Default aircraft. My first reaction was that it is underpowered. Then I remembered to keep weakening the mixture, in the climb, and the performance shot up.

"Arriving" was another matter again! It takes time to slow, too little power on and it comes down like a brick, etc. I look forward to several hours of circuit work before I can fly it acceptably. It's also a bit sensitive in pitch. If that's untypical of the real thing then I can dial it out a bit.

Before flying it I'd read a flight review of the real beast, which referred to the odd landing characteristics. To wit it just about runs out of backward yoke, but touches down softly, just as the pilot begins to think about extra power. Which is just about what happens with this model.

Good value for about £9.

It's been a decent day for value. I spent an hour reclining in the sun, in the garden, this morning. Normally I can't abide sitting like that but I had my Archos playing an Alan Price CD, so it was no hardship.

Digressing, I recorded the Cream Reunion a couple of months ago and it's sad that there seems to be no talent of the Clapton or Price variety, amongst today's crop of wannabee celebs.

To get back from this rambling, I came back in and did a Yahoo to see what other Price CDs are available. Having found a couple that filled a gap, via Amazon, I ordered them. From the States, including postage and UK VAT, the total was $16 ! That's just over eight quid for material I'd have been prepared to pay double for. Sourced from within the UK, I'd have had to pay more than double.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:
Sorry Gerry,

I'd forgotten that.  Otherwise it's a realy nice plane to fly.