[jhb_airlines] Re: Standard Procedure

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:32:38 +0100

True but I would have thought that the US, being so fiercely competitive,
would have seen someone willing to revolutionise GA powerplants with an
innovative design. After all these years in the dark ages it is indeed going
to be a revolution - and long overdue.

The automotive industry are almost always staggered by such backward
technology. We flew a bunch of Lotus engineers a few years back and they
couldn't believe the technology was so old. They'd assumed that all aircraft
engines were up at cutting edge development and it was almost painful to
reveal the truth. I could almost see the pity in their eyes as they left -
or was it relief..