[jhb_airlines] Re: Standard Pocedure

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:37 +0100 (BST)

> Stick with this because reading (and flying) IAP's can be very
> rewarding.
> It's what pilots do endlessly during their flying training.
> Obviously an ILS
> approach is the easiest because it has glideslope guidance but
> examiners are
> a cruel lot and it always seems to be an NDB approach that the
> poor pilot is
> asked to do during the test - sometimes asymmetric too.

That's what I got on my IMC test.  Good fun (ish). But what's an
assymetric NDB Approach, John?  Do passenger aircraft fly NDB
approaches ever in the real world these days?

NDB approaches and holds are covered in my IMC tutorial document
which people might find interesting, although it is structured
towards light aircraft.
http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/files/training/The%20IMC%20Rating.pd
(watch out for any word wrap.)