[jhb_airlines] Re: Standard Pocedure

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:57:55 +0100

<Snip>

I'm also confused (very easy to do <G>)

According to my UK AIP for EGJJ, quote "Aircraft via Skerry or Bukli will use Star Jersey 1F or 1P, as appropriate UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY ATC TO USE Jersey 1N or 1Q" (1Q is the direct to JSY STAR from BUKLI.)

Jersey 1P is the STAR I had programmed into my FMS (FSNAv) and as you know is a South About arrival i.e. BUKLI - CHUBB - OYSTA - PERCH - JSY VOR

Given a choice of arrivals should not the ATC controller have been more specific, as hinted by Gerry. I have a slight suspicion that in this instance the controller was not exactly sure what the correct STAR should be in this instance and indirectly thrown the responsibility back to the pilot.

I was aware, of course, that the controller was not exactly sure where abouts Gerry was, but he could have asked for positional reports.

Cheers

Alastair

(still confused!)