[jhb_airlines] Something I didn't know..

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:08:54 +0100

Spotted a thread on AVSIM tonight about Landclass causing severe memory
leaks and plummeting performance in FS if you don't have it set up =
right.

The author suggests that some designers are lumping Landclass (LC*.BGL)
files in with the rest of their scenery and this isn't a good thing. =
More
importantly he says you should definitely not do this if the scenery =
area
has both a scenery AND texture sub folder.

His solution is to search out all Landclass files and put them in a =
separate
scenery area (he suggests Addon Scenery/Landclass/Scenery) and ensure =
there
is no associated Texture sub folder).=20

I have just run a check for LC*.BGL files to see if it picks out any =
buried
away in my vast scenery collection but it only came up with one (I tend =
not
to install them). Must admit that it seems odd to me that the presence =
of a
Texture sub folder results in memory leaks but he's said that FS has =
stopped
on him with a low memory warning even with 2Gb RAM on board..

One note if you do try this routine. Don't move a file called =
Lclookup.BGL
in FS as it is a system file.

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net