[jhb_airlines] Re: Sent To Coventry?

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:25:43 +0100

Nope - airfield codes are not allowed in the route field. The route must
consist of a sequence of POINT AIRWAY POINT AIRWAY POINT -  a point being a
navaid or fix and an airway being the airways designator or DCT if none
exists. Examples:

IOM L10 WAL
IOM W928D BLACA B2 TRN
DCT VYL DCT WPL DCT

If you have IVAO Eye it has a route section that will give some (but not
all) IFR routes between airfields. In this respect UKRoute V2 is still the
best to use but it probably has been neglected since we moved to VFR in PCI.

It's odd because we are now covering ground we used to know but the
information has been lost over time.