[jhb_airlines] Scotland

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:42:33 +0100

I did some digging around tonight and had a good look at the Scotflight
scenery - especially the missing airfields.

I can't understand the omissions because there are a good few major airports
as well as minor ones. Some offshore island airfields are missing (like
Kirkwall) but then you find a small strip like Lamb Holm, also in Orkney,
included in their scenery.

Here's the full list of airfields in Scotland that are NOT in the Scotflight
product.

Coll
Colonsay
Tiree
Benbecula
Stornoway
Fair Isle (I suspect this IS in but it's not on their listing)
Kirkwall
Fetlar
Lerwick
Scatsta
Sumburgh
Unst
Whalsay
Sollas
Leuchars
Aviemore
Kinloss
Lossiemouth
Flotta (Closed?)
Hoy
Fearn
Tain
Wigtown

Most of the list above was in my Scottish Island scenery but I don't think
it will work in FS2004. I still have the base files for the scenery but the
airfields were wrapped up with the rest of the island scenery and I know the
tweaks we used for the coastlines don't work in FS2004. It is possible to
extract the airfields from the island scenery but I can't do this as I no
longer have the old ASD program that created the scb files.

I guess we'll just have to hope Scotflight extend their coverage or that
further 3rd party offerings appear. I've got Tony Pick's Lerwick but nothing
for the rest of the airfields.

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net