[jhb_airlines] Re: Saving Website Data

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:51:28 +0100

Only for half a day!

I've got photographs, somewhere, taken at Rotarua, in March. There were three floatplanes flying trips from the lake. One was a C182 doing local circuits. The other was a Caravan, flying out to a glacier. I rejected SWMBO's offer of a local flight. Tempting but expensive and I quite enjoyed watching the takeoffs and landings, instead.

There were also a couple of amphibian Caravans at the hilltop airfield on Hamilton Island, in the Whitsunday Islands. I think they were on siesta.

On holiday it's a bit dodgy anyway. It depends how the insurers regard them, in the Travel Insurance definitions.

You going to Funchal then?

I'd better warn you that the Solent flying boats no longer operate there..
:)

http://www.edcoatescollection.com/ac5/ROW%20Europe/G-AKNO.jpg

http://woodair.net