[jhb_airlines] Re: SLI

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:17:09 +0100

AGP is old technology, replaced by PCI Express at least 12 months ago. Waken up there, Winskill!!!

I have to admit though that I haven't a clue how SLi actually works. In illustrations of SLi-ready mobos, I don't see two graphics cards slots.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Cunning these Chinese.
Presumably more recent machines than mine have two AGP slots, or whatever they are called.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Gerry

SLi = scalable link interface. Nvidia's technology for increasing graphics power by installing two of their cards in the one PC and interconnecting them. I believe that they then use one DVI connection to one monitor, ie two Nvidia graphics cards driving one monitor. Not sure how that integrates with the Matrox triple head doodah.

ATI do something similar called Crossfire.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:

In the TripleHead forum I've seen a couple of FS9 users referring to " SLI Mode ". Anyone able to fill my knowledge gap please?