[jhb_airlines] Re: SLI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:45:29 +0100

Cunning these Chinese.
Presumably more recent machines than mine have two AGP slots, or whatever they are called.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Gerry

SLi = scalable link interface. Nvidia's technology for increasing graphics power by installing two of their cards in the one PC and interconnecting them. I believe that they then use one DVI connection to one monitor, ie two Nvidia graphics cards driving one monitor. Not sure how that integrates with the Matrox triple head doodah.

ATI do something similar called Crossfire.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:

In the TripleHead forum I've seen a couple of FS9 users referring to " SLI Mode ". Anyone able to fill my knowledge gap please?