[jhb_airlines] Re: Route Planner

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:47:00 +0100

OK. I didn't try STAR/SID insertion - I just banged in the two airfield
designators and got a route out. The route isn't quite right in syntax
for pumping into FSNav as it just says "SID" or "STAR" so I guess you
paste in your own according to the departure runway at the time.

I just tried it for a route from Heathrow to Tokyo (EGLL-RJAA) and it
came up with this:

EGLL SID BPK UN866 LEDBO UM604 SVA UM609 TRF UP600 RIGNA UN150 LATEN
B483 UOHH B153 CZ B152 IVADA A333 UHHH R211 SOLAN B358 IGROD B451 KADBO
R211 COMET STAR RJAA

When I compared this to my last known real world BA flightplan it was
quite close - here's the original:

EGLL SID BPK UR123 CLN UL620 TULIP UR12 SPY UN873 JUIST UP729 TALSA
UP730 CDA UM611 SORLA UP862 LIMAK G59 GR R30 METAT R30G RUSAN R30G UHT
R30 AWRAL R30 ARELI B152 IVADA A333 UHHH R211 SOLAN B358 IGROD R347 GTC
R211 KASMI STAR RJAA

The two plans vary on initial outbound routing with BA opting to go out
via Clacton (mind you this is a pretty old flight plan now) but they
come together somewhere around ARELI. Quite impressive.

What I also note about the planner is that it is configured to accept
current CRAM restrictions and this makes it truly an "on the fly"
system..

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

Has anyone tried this site before?

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net

----

This email and any attachments are sent in confidence, subject to
applicable legal privilege and upon the basis that the recipient will
conduct appropriate virus checks. If you receive this email in error,
please
telephone us upon receipt and delete the email upon our instruction: you

are strictly prohibited from using, copying or disseminating it or any
information contained in it,  save  to the intended recipient. Internet
communications are not secure and HCC Diversified Financial Products Ltd
is
not responsible for their abuse by third parties, nor for any alteration
or corruption in transmission, nor for any damage or loss caused by any
virus
or other defect. Further, HCC Diversified Financial Products Ltd is not
responsible for the sender's views which are  not necessarily the views
of
HCC Diversified Financial Products Ltd nor for any third party
statements
contained and forwarded in any email communications. No representation
or
warranty is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of
this
email and no liability shall be accepted for any loss arising from its
use.
*-*