[jhb_airlines] Re: Ronaldsway photos

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:23:01 -0000

That website is run by John Wornham, one of the controllers at Ronaldsway.
The archive 1960's shots were before my time - I was still with the CAA then
- but I recognise Margaret Carine as the telephone operator. By the time I
arrived in 1972 the tower interior was very different.

The 2005 shots show the tower as redesigned in 2002. Loads of PC monitors
that point straight at the sun - which is why the controller monitors have
been (literally) pushed back into the desk. Eyestrain was common.