[jhb_airlines] Rolls Royce deal with Airbus

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:49:14 -0000

Heard on working Lunch today, Rolls Royce have apparently signed a deal to
deliver Trent engines for the A350.

Given the delays and loss of confidence the A380 has cost the company, I'd
like to see how that deal was structured.  One of the problems of being a
component supplier, you fate is in the hands of the manufacturers you
supply.

I never understood the politics behind the desimation of the British
Aircraft/Autombile industry.  We've produce some of the best engineers in
the world then export them.  Madness!