[jhb_airlines] Re: Repaint

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:01:38 +0100

I don't now have that problem. Just two changes improved the situation:
[GeneralEngineData]
thrust_scalar = 1.3

[autopilot]
autothrottle_max_rpm=108.5

I grabbed the aircraft because I was annoyed by the missing textures. It was
annoying because when I eventually found the texture for the other engine
intakes it turned out (like the wings) to have transparency applied and not
reflection. I did find the fuselage texture though and the belly is now all
blue.

I tried the aircraft briefly. Nice panel and generally flies well but for
two problems. It's got too high an angle of incidence at slow speeds and the
view on final is too high - I have to pan down to see the runway. Second is
that with AT engaged the speed on climb out is chronically slow - it decays
down to around 130kts. Even with AT off the acceleration is very slow
indeed.

I didn't cross check the flap positions across the variants. I've set the
JHB aircraft up as the 2D version for now but it would need to be reset to
the other two MDL variants for a full check. My guess is that one MDL file
isn't working like the others.