[jhb_airlines] Re: Red Alert

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:39:23 +0100

I'm not quite sure what world you're inhabiting Frank. If we took a poll on the quality of Horizon's scenery, on this list, I'm pretty confident you'd find yourself in a minority of one.

Being rather more constructive, there has to be something wrong with either your monitor, graphics card or FSX settings, if Default FSX looks more realistic than Horizon.

Anyone think differently?

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
For someone who regularily uses Aldeney, it may a bargain.

But, it can only be a limited market, I for one will not spent the time and money on scenery, that will be looked at maybe once or twice. A total waste.

Now global, or national scenery, that is a different matter.

I am now currently using only the Horizon mesh. disallusioned with the photoscenery itself. Being only summer, and the colors are rubbish (at least on my screen) does not look real to me. And I am finding areas, where there are large land masses where there should be water, seems strange to see ships on a landmass. Turning off the photoscenery cures it. Another total waste of money. FSX on its own, does a much better job, generally.