[jhb_airlines] Re: Red Alert

  • From: "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 18:50:11 +0100

Hi Gerry,

After penning my note this morning I went to work, blissfully unaware of what I'd started, sorry.

I know a lot of people, much closer to the old Horizon team than I, are happy to support Darren, and I wouldn't knock that for an instant. I guess I had my finance hat on when making the value for money comparison.

I'm sure you are correct about Government inefficiencies, we've all see examples over the years, and I'm afraid the latest exposures about MPs expenses only add weight to that argument.......and he's not my darling chancellor, I don't think any of them have much of a clue.

I'm just coming up to retirement age (65), but I'm planning to continue to work, (a) because I enjoy it - well most of the time - and (b) because my pension pot has shrunk to about half of what it should be over the last couple of years. Don't talk to me about Sir Fred Goodwin........

I hope I didn't spoil your day.

Frank T.