[jhb_airlines] Re: Red Alert

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:44:23 +0100

Frank,

See my reply to the FT.

Not that it's anyone else's business but I live entirely on my UK company pension, plus OAP. Beyond that I'm not prepared to go. It's a bit early in the day to take offence but I've managed it!

The designer of the scenery isn't retired, has a young family and was made redundant by Horizon. The business he's just set up, so I understand, will be his only source of income. Although not a charity, I regard my modest investment of £17 as going to a deserving cause. Fortunately I can afford it. I must admit that I hadn't thought that I should expect to get my money's worth out of any charity to which I've given.

In addition, spending such a modest amount on this piece of Payware somewhat reduces the feelings of unease I have about the large volume of Freeware scenery that has brought me so much pleasure, over many years.

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
Frank T

Those of us who have to rely on pensions, or do not live in tax havens, have to watch the pennies, as well as cater for the wants of others.

I would support a worthwhile charity, provided I get my monies worth out of it.

I have quite a number of FS boxes which have been installed, looked at and no longer used, and now gathering dust on the shelves. Prudence now prevails.

As an aside, I have just installed an Aerospatiale SA342 Gazelle on my FSX system, and it flies a dream, hover taxi and hovering easy peasy. I have no idea how or where I got it, but have a feeling that it was a one off freeware from Abacus recently (they do that now and again) but I cannot find any trace of it now. If you do not have it, and interested, I could pass it to you(if wanted) through Skype one evening..