[jhb_airlines] Re: Realism

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:59:41 +0100

That's two of us!
I'm OK in passenger jets or light aircraft but otherwise suffer from Vertigo. On our last trip I was persuaded to take the Skytrain cable car ride, over the forests outside Cairns. Bad mistake! SWMBO had to go alone up the even worse cable car ascent of Table Mountain.
I wouldn't fancy my chances in an open microlights either.
I wasn't like this for many years but our quack says it often arrives as you get older.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

I've been flying since 1966 and I'm still scared of heights. I even did a
skydiving course - which I loved - but it hasn't cured my fear of heights.
It's weird really - I can jump out of an aircraft but a tall building gives
me vertigo. <vbg>

*From:* "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
*To:* <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:21:34 +0100

Flying level for ten minutes would be boring. If the aircraft was
trimmed correctly there would be little for you to do. You would have
little feel
for the aircraft behaviour and how it changes in a turn, climb or
dive. At
least with a trial lesson you would probably cover these basic
manoeuvres..

23/07/2007 19:45