[jhb_airlines] Re: Realism

  • From: "Fred Stopforth" <fredstopforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:21:14 +0100

That's what my nephew's swmbo asked.I thought heck I've only been 2 and half hrs at it and thought I'd have had no option but to make flipping good try after a few fumbling emergency calls.In the 1st hr he got me to go up above 3000' and allow the plane to climb and drop to just under 60mph in which case a stall was generated- a strange feeling of a moment of stillness before pointing down to gain lift speed again to recover in 75'.I'm not sure how I managed to cope with that because the Big One at B/pool Pleasure Beach is a ride I wont go on because I'm scared of it.He was showing me how easy it was to loose speed in a climb and stall if you don't keep a watch on your ASI.All good fun. Fred ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

*From:* "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
*To:* <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:21:34 +0100

Flying level for ten minutes would be boring. If the aircraft was
trimmed
correctly there would be little for you to do. You would have
little feel
for the aircraft behaviour and how it changes in a turn, climb or
dive. At
least with a trial lesson you would probably cover these basic
manoeuvres..