[jhb_airlines] Re: Realism

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:12:55 +0100

I'll pass on the tread depth, tyre width specs. The formula was calculated
for aircraft by the Farnborough boffins and appears to be consistent across
all aircraft types. They state that the only variable that had any material
effect on aquaplaning was tyre pressure.

Bear in mind that the phenomena called aquaplaning is specific and not a
general description for loss of adhesion with the runway surface.