[jhb_airlines] Re: Realism

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:18 +0100 (BST)

> My only experiance at the wheel.
>
> Surfice to say the pilot kept his feet on the pedals, I just had to
> keep it straight and level, it was so easy as to be boring.
Only when there is nothing else to do like folding the map (major task
whilst keeping S&L!) , checking position, looking for other aircraft
(which are bit harder RW than in FS if you hit one), changing radio
frequencies, squawk, talking to ATC, Freda checks.... Even on a 2.25 hour
drag against a 20 knot headwind from Southend to Liverpool last month I
wasn't bored! I did have a chance though to play "spot the farm strip"
which is my latest in-flight entertainment! <g>

And that was 2-up - the RHS man being a fellow PPL. Solo, the work load
is not double but 3 times that compared with sharing with a co-pilot.

I agree though that in most phases of flight, actually controlling the
aircraft is much easier than driving a car. I have let several FS-ers
handle the controls and they all get on well, so FS is good for
something!