[jhb_airlines] Re: Realism

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:55:47 +0100

Bones

A couple of years ago myself and three others, hired a Piper Cherokee, one of us was the qualified pilot.

We flew from EGTO to Duxford, with a midpoint stop.
And back with a stop at Andrewsfield.

The plan was, that the three non-pilots, would take turns in the righthand seat, and have a go.

Due to weather conditions, we nearly did not depart.
But made it to Duxford. Then the weather became CAVOK, for the rest of the day.

I took the leg from Andrewsfield to Rochester, and was the only non pilot to take the controls, abiet for 10 minutes, from cruise level to just passing Southend.

My only experiance at the wheel.

Surfice to say the pilot kept his feet on the pedals, I just had to keep it straight and level, it was so easy as to be boring.

Living so close to Rochester, it is small wonder that I have not taken a trial flight(have done a couple of suba dives).

I will be moving near to Cranbrook, and will definatly be looking to have a proper go.