[jhb_airlines] Re: RTW (hopefully)

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:01:09 -0000

The only stipulation for the G suffix is that the round world flight must
have a total flight distance exceeding 20,000nm. This means that at least
one airfield has to lie across the Equator otherwise the total distance
falls short of the target.

For example London - Athens - Riyadh - Karachi - Calcutta - Hong Kong -
Tokyo - Anchorage - Chicago - New York - London looks as if it qualifies but
the total distance is only 17073nm. Changing this slightly to:

London - Athens - Kuwait - Karachi - Calcutta - Rangoon - Singapore - Hong
Kong - Tokyo - Honolulu - San Francisco - Chicago - New York - London makes
quite a difference and the total jumps to 20043nm.

If you have an idea as to the route you would like to take then let me know
and I can run it through the spreadsheet.