[jhb_airlines] Re: RE WEDNESDAY NIGHT EVENT

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:15:56 -0000

Fred,

An additional security measure you can take is to create a new user account
for flying online.  Once set up, change the account type so that it is
limited.  This helps in that it prevents any installation onto the system
while the account is in use.  Now while that may stop you installing from
the account, it also means nothing else can either.  If you find you do need
to install something then switch to an admin account, re-enable the admin
status of the flying account, switch back to the flying account, carry out
your installation, go back to your admin account and switch the flying
account back to limited.

BTW if you've got kids, protect yourself, and the machine from problems by
making their accounts limited.  They can still use the internet, MSN etc.
but are prevented from installing anything, they're forced to ask for
permission from the administrator to do this which means provided they don't
know the admin. account password you're in control. If you do want to
install something for them, use the same method as above.