[jhb_airlines] Re: RE WEDNESDAY NIGHT EVENT

  • From: franklyn fisher <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:02:44 +0000

Gerry
When I get my new sooper dooper FS machine I will do the same, I will rely only on the router FW for the FS only machine
Frank F

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Hi Fred,
If you're ditching Norton then I can reccomend the freebie Avast, antivirus programme. I'm attempting to avoid the firewall / av problems by running FS9 and FSX on a machine that only connects to the net via a router, and then only for PilotClub sessions. I don't have either firewall or avg on this machine and it's working well so far. I resurrected my old PC for all non flying duties. If I download any addons I do it on the old machine and only copy installed downloads across to the Fsim PC. Although the two are networked I could achieve the same result before I managed to have a network set up. At that time I just copied from one machine to the other using either an MP3 Player or my LaCie USB Exearnal SATA drive; bought for backup purposes.

BTW, the techie who set up my network had a pendant thingie round his neck. I'm not into medallions or chest wigs so was a bit suspicious. It turned out to be a 5Gb USB memory card. Too expensive for the Xmas pressie list, probably.

Gerry Winskill

Franklyn. Ran my comp. with fltsim flying from EGOV to EGFE [without P/Club]worked OK then crashed to desktop after takeoff.So tried it again switching internet+Norton off and did the same flight again resulting in completing the flight.So I take it that it could mean a change is required with the AV? Fred ----- Original Message ----- From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>