[jhb_airlines] Re: RE WEDNESDAY NIGHT EVENT

  • From: Phil Reynolds <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:35:11 +0000

I wonder if there's any related error in the eventlog (presuming he's on XP or 2000)?

Bones wrote:
Just to add to this for those who didn't tune in last night.

Fred started up at Liverpool and then at Valley but never got too far with
his flights as FS9 would just vanish - dumping him back to desktop. In each
case I don't think any warnings came up - FS simply ended.

As the rest of his system (including Voice) kept running it suggests the
problem isn't that of system overload otherwise everything would have gone
down. So, can anyone dig into the dim recesses of their memory and recall if
they have had a similar experience with FS and what the solution may have
been?

As Fred started at Liverpool and then relocated to Valley my own thought is
that it isn't a scenery related issue. In fact Fred managed to get airborne
on his last try and got halfway across Cardigan Bay before the sim
disappeared so rogue scenery isn't the issue. I suspect Frank is right in
that some sort of limit is being reached but it is very unusual to have FS
expire without any warning. A hot CPU would shut the whole system down but
what about an overloaded video card?

Any ideas would be welcome.