[jhb_airlines] RAM Detected

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:00:00 +0100

After a fingernail breaking, tremor inducing, half hour, I finally got a second pair of matched 512Mb DDR400 Ram sticks into the vacant slots. Now here's the rub; although System information detects 2Gb of RAM, TaskMaster still reports only 1.1Gb available. I think I've read something, yonks ago, about this. Anyone prod my grey cells into action please?

Next observation is that it doesn't seem to have made much difference to FS9. Istill get pauses every six seconds. Not sure about the blurries yet, I'll do a second flight over my test area.

Re the pauses, which I earlier said must be the system being slowed. That was because the moving cursor pauses in sympathy. That, I'd overlooked, was when I had FS9 still on one of the screens. If I minimise FS9 then the cursor is OK on a blank screen. Does this make it more likely that the hiatus is graphics board induced. Hope not because the Nvidia 6800GT 256 Mb has been OK so far.