[jhb_airlines] Re: RAF Flypast

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:55:33 +0100

Your SWMBO wasn't wrong. After the dials bit the sound went further downhill.

What was sad was it was so easy to get confused and think it was a review of what they used to fly. Nimrod, Herc, Tristar, VC10, etc etc. Only one newish aircraft on the list these days.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Brook wrote:
By chance I found that by 'pressing the 'red' button' there was a very good
'expert commentary' by Shaun Moffet (sp?). My SWMBO who was watching
downstairs said that the Snow chappie entered a VC10 cockpit and said "Cor!
Look at all those dials ...".  There was also apparently the usual token
Beeb dolly bird patronizing a token nonagenarian WWII Spit pilot and ATA
lady pilot.

Thank goodness for the 'red button' - good fly-past nevertheless,
considering how much of the RAF hardware is deployed in Eastern parts at the
moment

M.