[jhb_airlines] Re: Quads versus Duos

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:35 +0100 (BST)

I believe from hearsay that FS9 ran better with framerate locked and FSX
runs better with framerate unlimited. This is due to the different way
scenery is pre-loaded - but I repeat - it's hearsay.

I installed SP2 on my dual core Laptop FSX last week having never
installed acceleration.  It was and still is trouble free amazingly. I
haven't checked the framerates though as my setup is perfectly flyable
and i always have the red words at the top switched off.  When i did
check, pre-SP2, I always got about 14 with photoscenery.  In fact the
only thing I have noticed about SP2 is that FSX loads quite a bit quicker
on startup.