[jhb_airlines] Project Fokker

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:24:22 -0000

The Fokker F100/F70 package from PF for FS2004 is now up on AVSIM. I've
grabbed it (54Mb worth) and the first step was to see if the JHB repaint
still works in the new version.=20

Good news and bad news. Yes it does work in the sense that the colour =
scheme
isn't weird. Bad news is that this latest update has seen a major
improvement in some of the texture work and a few alterations. The =
landing
gear is now photo quality detail rather than just a graphic =
representation
and the same goes for quite a few other components. In addition there =
are
new bits and pieces in the textures for other areas of the aircraft - =
wheel
wells, cargo bays etc.

So, the existing JHB textures will work but they won't be as good as the =
new
texture sets for the default V2 aircraft. I'll have to grab the paint =
kit
when it comes out and transfer my markings over.

The only real oddity, if you do add the current JHB textures, is that =
the
belly pod underneath the wings has lost the its blue paint and is now =
white.
They must have used a different part of the bitmaps for this area..

Anyone who had the FS2002 version will like the new one - the various =
tweaks
have made it even better.

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net