[jhb_airlines] Prodigal Son

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:29 +0100 (BST)

Feeling somewhat like the prodigal son, I flew into Ronaldsway
from Caernarfon as I saw John's email about doing a test run this
afternoon.
Apart from the wind making things interesting for my
little spam can, (25knots gusting 37!) it went entirely without
incident. Because of the conditions I made a flapless approach at
90 knots, plus or minus 15, and the wind obligingly gusted 37
just as I was ready to touch down.

Radio was 100%, clear and un-distorted.  It is so nice to be back
in action with my second favourite flying group! <g>

Peter
Yes I was supposed to be working - but it was a chance not to
miss.