[jhb_airlines] Re: Problem editing .air files

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:05:27 +0100

Hi Mike

I tried to a re-install of FSTyper (Fsat10.zip), and it installed ok.

I would try again, if you run into problems, it may be that it is because you are using Windoze 2000.

With 'Aired' you have to change parameter '105' to '2', THEN PRESS RETURN, then SAVE.

Hope this helps.

Al.

Mike Lucas wrote:
I am trying to edit the .air files for the new Pilot Club JHB aircraft to change item 105 (Aircraft Type) from "0" to "2" but the change doesn't appear to be saved. So I tried Alastair's "nice little program called 'aircraft typer'". Unfortunately the install routine is in German, and it won't install ... and I cannot understand the error message :-(

Al (or anyone) - any suggestions as to how to fix these .air files?

Mike L

Alastair wrote:
Frank

If you want an aircraft 'NOT to appear in the drop down list' but still be usable as a MP or AI aircraft, you should edit the 'air' file.

The parameter is item 105 (Aircraft Type), and should be set to "2", if it is set to "0" it will appear in the drop down list.

You can use a program 'aired' (or similar), to edit the 'air' file.

Alternatively, there is a nice little program called 'aircraft typer', which allows you to view and alter the 'aircraft type' of all the aircraft in your FS aircraft folder.

Cheers

Al