[jhb_airlines] Re: Priorities????

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:26:57 EST

In a message dated 26/11/2006 15:48:32 GMT Standard Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

Three  scenery areas, where many of us have spent, or are spending, hard
earned  cash are FSX, Horizon Generation X and the GS UK 2000 series.

From past  experience MS are prpbably already working on a fix; nothing
new  there.

Horizon, to my surprise, say that finishing the night time  scenery has a
higher priority than correcting the known faults in the  scenery we've
already bought.

GS has said he won't be doing patches  for pre FSX scenery, regarding it
has having come to the end of its  development life. I can't argue with
that. What does disappoint me IS his  intention to complete work on his
Stansted Xtreme, before tackling known  issues with Glasgow Xtreme, in
FSX. Flying in or out of Glasgow can cause  FSX to crash. It doesn't get
more Xtreme than that, well not without  smoke! Since I, and presumably
others, bought the Glasgow scenery mainly  because he said it would be
compatible with FSX I'd have thought he had a  responsibillity to the
punters who've bought it, that should be ahead of  his desire to get
another product out.

Much though I dislike manyof  the values and attitudes in the USA, one
thing I do approve of; they  simply don't accept poor service. In
contrast, the Horizon forum  contributors seem to be unreal in the
sympathy and understanding they are  showing, to producers of scenery
that is great where it works but should  never have been released in its
present condition.

Gerry  Winskill

Gerry,

I think you are right to argue that if things don't work they should be
fixed. Sometimes a work around is acceptable, as long as it gets over a niggle,

but there's a difference between a niggle and not working! If it doesn't work
(a) perhaps it shouldn't have been released, and (b) it should be fixed as  a
matter of urgency.

I'm guessing that the developers are waiting for their new tools to be
released, which may explain some of these apparent anomolies, they are probably

working on what they think is the most productive with their existing tools. I
suspect there's a chain here and us poor flyers are on the end of it!

Frank T.